Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dim extension lines set to center linetype...

So, I asked one of the guys that I work with about macros that he would want in AutoCAD to make things easier. And one of the things that he said would be nice is if you could write a macro that would change the extension line of the placed dimension to center linetype.
I had never heard of this being used, but I took the task on. What I found is that there are two ways to do this.
The first way is:
*^c^c-dimstyle;r;;_dimlinear;
Now the dimstyle that is used has the extension lines set to center linetype.

Now the other way to do this is:
*^c^cdimltex1;center;dimltec2;center;_dimlinear;-dimstyle;r;standard;

This just overrides the standard style to make the extension lines center linetype and then at the end we restore the original standard dimstyle.
So, if this is something that you do then. Hopefully this is something that helps you.

No comments:

Post a Comment